The HOPE website is intended to be a safe and welcoming environment for 18-24 year olds in Genesee County. We are here to provide an online space where you can ask for advice, or simply chat about relationships, dating and sex. We encourage you to participate, give opinions, and share experiences. That being said, we have some ground rules… Here are some quick Do’s and Don’ts when you’re on this site.
- Share your thoughts and experiences openly and honestly.
- Respect other people’s privacy.
- Respect other people’s opinions. Feel free to disagree, but do it politely!
- Ask questions (if you have a question, someone else probably does too)
- Share what you learn on the site with your friends both off line and on other social networks (Facebook, MySpace, etc.)
- Use hateful, derogatory, racist, sexist or homophobic language.
- Spread rumors, tell lies, harass, or stalk people online.
- Post your or your friends’ names, emails, phone numbers or addresses.
- Post personal and identifying information about OTHER people.
- Believe everything that you read, but be open to other people’s ideas. Just because it is written on the internet doesn’t make it true!
- Tolerate any form of harassment. If you believe that someone on the website has been acting inappropriately or posting harassing comments, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with anyone you did not already know offline in a face-to-face private setting. If you make a connection with a person and you want to meet offline, make sure you do it in a public place with other people present.
- Solicit people on the HOPE website for the purpose of selling or distributing products or services.